Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Consider the Ants

Something I struggle with daily is this question: Am I going to try my best today, or am I going to crumble in the face of thousands of other, more talented artists. And it's hard! Sometimes I get it stuck in my head that there are so many other people who are out there who have natural abilities, so what's the point of even trying to be skillful in my own craft. And there are other lies that I believe on any given day about how I am and why I shouldn't try. It's a constantly determined decision whether or not to put forth an effort.

Solomon points out in Proverbs 6:6-8 Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and be wise! Even though they have no prince, no governor, or ruler to make them work, ,they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.

Ants are wonderful examples of what hard work can accomplish- and I've been challenged with the hopes and dreams of having an impact on the world. I have to choose how to invest my time and I want to use the ability God has given me to have big dreams and continue trying to learn.


I want to achieve the dreams God has for me.

1 comment:

Carlee said...

Solomon actually says "Lazybones"?! haha!

Courtney, know that working hard reaches farther than your own life and things you have your hands in. in a positive way. =)