Saturday, December 27, 2008

home again home again jiggity jig!

Hello and Merry Christmas! I'm back home from Orlando and I've been hanging out with my family. Got to see my mom and dad and grandparents and little bro! Santa came and brought me a new Intuos 6x8 Wacom, so I've been playing with that! I started practicing with Corel Painter with a photo reference of some little Chip and Dale statues from Walt Disney World..

I decided to set some rules for the Wacom and myself. If I'm drawing from reference, No color picking! No tracing, too. I don't want to cheat myself out of learning this stuff! With the Chip and Dale drawing, I'm already seeing some things that need to be worked on. Obviously, proportions are an issue, and I've got to figure out how to make things look like there is depth. I mostly used the smudge tool, 2b pencil, and wet oily brush.

No comments: