Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer in Savannah

Spending the summer in Savannah for the first time has been great. I had a short stint at a bakery- in which I discovered that I love baking (or being around people who are) cinnamon rolls and cookies and 7 different types of breads and other things that smell nice, but also that I am 100% not cut out for food service and/or making sandwiches really fast.

I have started being mentored by an artist named William Armstrong who has his painting studio practically across the square from me. He has a history of working as art director in many films and designed sets for Meet Joe Black and The Legend of Bagger Vance. He says that not working at that bakery anymore should make me even more determined to get into a job where I can use my art. I agree.

I am taking one class at SCAD this summer- Animation II with Professor Brian Schindler. I definitely enjoy that class. I have already gained a good bit of experience with Maya, but it's the first time I've really been introduced to the time slider and key frames [for acting] apart from making camera movements. Professor Schindler has a lot of great stories of being in the film business, too- He's good at keeping us motivated.

I've been continually making art and I just got a new job at an antique store helping them fix up their website with some schmancy photographs. No time now, but I can't wait to show you what I've been working on!

CBV

No comments: