Tuesday, September 23, 2008

First week at SCAD

First week at SCAD has been awesome. There are so many reasons why I know that I'm supposed to be here right now. I am enrolled in 3 classes, which doesn't seem like much, but believe me it is! The average amount of homework for one class is said to be 10 hours a week. I'm starting to believe it's more! I love it though. My classes are awesome (even though I'm not animating super mega action fights or anything yet) and I've met some of the coolest (and most colorful) people I've ever seen! The picture above is at the entrance of where I live! I am in Weston house- and we are conveniently located next to the SCAD Cafe. SCAD has good breakfast - which is my absolute faaavorite part of the day. Every morning, depending on what time it is, the Cafe is my morning home.

This is the courtyard of the dorm I live in. It used to be a hotel of some type- I forget which one, but the rooms are huge and we all have our own bathrooms and showers. My room is at the end of the hall on the right and to the left on the other side. We are facing West, so we can watch the bridge all night long and in the afternoon, if we keep our windows open it gets pretttty dang toasty.

After breakfast, I go hop on a SCAD bus- If it is Monday or Wednesday I get on the South Central Bus to Montgomery (the Animation, Gaming, and Visual Effects building) and if it's Tuesday or Thursday, I head out to Wallin Hall for Storyboarding and then later to Arnold Hall for Speech. There are no buses in this picture because it was in between the half hours when I took it. You can only catch a bus on the :00 or the :30.
The buses are comfy (for being a bus) and convenient for us far away downtown kids. Bus conversations are the best- you're almost always guaranteed to have something in common with the person next to you (because you're going to the same building for basically the same classes).. and we all love art. It's very interesting and weird to be around artists 100% of the time. I'm absolutely loving it so far..




Montgomery Hall. They have a big screen showing animations all the time and there are speakers (somewhere) so we can watch and listen while we wait for the bus. It's almost like Disney! (just kidding) It is pretty awesome though. This building is going to be my home for the next few years. I can't wait to get into some really hard time consuming animating story type stuff.


And here's the bus that takes us back home so we can start doing LOADS of homework!!


1 comment:

Jonatas da Silva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.